The Old Ghost Road and facilities are open at Alert Level 1. All users should follow these guidelines:
- Use the additional sanitization and cleaning products that have been installed in each Category 1 hut to undertake additional cleaning. We also encourage you to carry your own supplies.
- Practise physical distancing where possible. COVID-19 is contained at Alert Level 1, but it’s still worthwhile to keep a safe distance from people you don’t know.
- Enable contact tracing – we’ll email the person who made your booking a form to record your details, and you can scan the QR codes in each hut using the NZ COVID tracer app.
- If you are sick, stay at home, contact Healthline, your doctor, or your iwi health provider, and do not continue with your plans to hike/bike The Old Ghost Road.
- It is not an option to self-isolate on The Old Ghost Road.
Visit https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-system/alert-level-1 for more information on Alert Level 1.