COVID-19 GUIDELINES – ALERT LEVEL 1
As of 6 am on Sunday the 7th March, Auckland will be at Alert Level 2 and the rest of New Zealand at Alert Level 1. The Old Ghost Road and facilities remain open at Alert Level 1. All users should follow these guidelines:
- Use basic hygiene measures, including washing your hands and coughing or sneezing into your elbow.
- Use the additional sanitization and cleaning products that have been installed in each Category 1 hut to undertake additional cleaning. We also encourage you to carry your own supplies.
- Physical distancing is recommended. COVID-19 is contained at Alert Level 1, but it is still worthwhile keeping your distance from those you do not know.
- Enable contact tracing – we’ll email the person who made your booking a form to record your details, and you can scan the QR codes in each hut using the NZ COVID tracer app.
- If you are sick, stay at home, contact Healthline, your doctor, or your iwi health provider, and do not continue with your plans to hike/bike The Old Ghost Road.
- It is not an option to self-isolate on The Old Ghost Road.
Visit https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-system/alert-level-1/ for more information on Alert Level 1.